Thoroughly tested and proven in the world’s toughest events, Perpetuem satisfies your body’s energy requirements when workouts and events extend beyond three hours. Its unique blend and precise ratios of complex carbohydrates, protein, healthy fat, and key auxiliary nutrients allow you to stay strong and steady from start to finish.
The world’s finest endurance fuel for long distances. Certified Kosher and Parev.
Perpetuem is a result of several years of research and thousands of miles of testing in a variety of endurance disciplines. Since its introduction in 2003, Perpetuem has allowed athletes to conquer the most extreme workouts and races with complete confidence! Perpetuem represents the ultimate, never-before-available link to satisfying the body's fueling requirements no matter how long or difficult your exercise session or race.
- Carbohydrates - As with all Hammer Nutrition fuels, we never add simple sugars to the carbohydrate profile. Perpetuem contains a specific maltodextrin, which provides nearly 87% of its caloric composition in long chain carbohydrates.
- Protein - A calcium-enhanced soy protein isolate known as "XT" makes up nearly 10% of the caloric profile of Perpetuem, the same percentage that is cannibalized from muscle tissue during long, slow endurance workouts. This particular soy protein contains a very high amount of intact, cardiovascular-enhancing isoflavones.
- Fat - A de-oiled "super lecithin" (extracted from the soybean) is ideal for consistently and reliably fueling the body and maximizing energy production from stored fatty acids.
- Sweetener - Perpetuem contains Energy Smart®, the same healthy sweetener in Hammer Gel.
- Consistent, stable energy, hour after hour
- Easy to digest, no stomach or GI issues
- Reduce muscle fatigue and recovery time
- Unprecedented lactic acid buffering
- Get a fulL, satiated feeling during prolonged all-liquid fueling
- Minimize lean muscle tissue cannibalization
- Unique carb/protein/fat formula for maximum endurance
Welcome to the world's finest endurance fuel specifically formulated for multi-hour to multi-day events. No matter how long or extreme your exercise regimen or races may be, Perpetuem is always up to the task.
Thoroughly tested and proven in the world's toughest endurance events, Perpetuem's unique formula -complex carbohydrates, GMO-free soy protein, healthy fats, and key auxiliary nutrients such as sodium phosphate - is unsurpassed for maintaining optimal athletic performance for as long as you want.
Perpetuem provides consistent, reliable energy, maximizes stored fat utilization and buffers lactic acid to prevent muscle fatigue. On the road or trail, Perpetuem is the breakfast, lunch, and dinner of champions!
Carnosine, one of the ingredients in Perpetuem (it's also in HEED, Sustained Energy and Recoverite) and is both a performance aid (a superb lactic acid buffer) and a premium general health nutrient (multiple free-radical scavenging and anti-glycation antioxidant).
Dietary ConsiderationsDiabetic Friendly, Gluten Free, GMO Free, Kosher Pareve
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size - 2 rounded scoops (69 g)
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||54 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Phosphorus (as Sodium Tribasic Phosphate)||344 mg|
|Chromium (as Chromium Polynicotinate)||100 mcg|
|Carnitine (as L-Carnitine Tartrate)||50 mg|
|Choline (as Choline Bitartrate)||50 mg|
|Maltodextrin, Soy Isolates, Energy Smart®, Lecithin, Dreamsicle Flavor, Sodium Tribasic Phosphate, L-Carnosine, L-Carnitrine Tartrate, Choline Bitartrate, and ChromeMate®, brand Chromium Polynicotinate|
Additional Nutrients -
- Tribasic Sodium Phosphate (TSP), the main nutrient found in Race Day Boost, is included in a specific, hourly-effective dose. TSP is an exceptional buffering agent that neutralizes the effects of excess lactic acid during exercise and helps to increase endurance by balancing the acid/alkaline levels in the blood.
- Chromium Polynicotinate is a trace mineral that adds a hormone-like regulation to expand efficient carbohydrate metabolism. Since all carbohydrates are eventually reduced in the body to simple glucose (the body's primary source of energy), Chromium Polynicotinate provides the go-between action by "plugging" serum glucose from the bloodstream directly to the muscle cell.
- L-Carnitine, an amino acid cousin, acts as a transporter of fatty acids into muscle mitochondrial cells where the muscle fuels are burned for energy production. Most of us carry at least 85,000-90,000 calories of energy in fatty-acid stores. If the body is depleted or low in L-Carnitine, our fatty acid reserves are unavailable because they lack sufficient amounts of this carrier agent.
- Choline Barbitrate, a member of the B-complex family, also functions at the cellular level, helping the body access its stored fatty acids for energy conversion.
- Carnosine, a naturally occurring dipeptide from the amino acids histidine and alanine, functions primarily to buffer lactate buildup in muscle structures and acts as a multiple free-radical scavenging antioxidant.
- A modest electrolyte profile is also included in PERPETUEM.
Use as a primary source of calories during exercise/competition lasting more than two hours.
One scoop of Perpetuem contains 135 calories.
Suggested Doses by Body Weight
|Up to 54.5 kg||Up to .75 scoop/hr||Approx 101 calories|
|1 scoop/hr||135 calories|
|70-86 kg||1.25-1.5 scoops/hr||169-202.5 calories|
|86+ kg||Up to 2 scoops/hr||270 calories|
*These are estimated doses. Each athlete should determine in training, under a variety of conditions, their personal optimum.
Mixing / Usage Instructions
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to potential spoilage issues, Perpetuem cannot be premixed and left for several hours in warm weather. Please read the FAQs on pages 42-43 for more detailed information on this important topic.
You can mix and consume Perpetuem three different ways depending on individual preference and logistical concerns. Please experiment with the following options to determine which works best for you.
The One-Hour Bottle - Mix the suggested amount of Perpetuem for your body weight (see chart above) in 16-28 ounces (approx 475-830 ml) of water. Consume one bottle hourly. This method is ideal when training or racing with a support crew and vehicle. If youre without a support crew, but still want to use this option for mixing, keep in mind that its obviously less convenient as youll have to stop more frequently to mix your fuel. Also, because you are trying to fulfill both hydration and caloric requirements from one source, you have limited ability to adjust one without affecting the other; you may need to consume additional water to satisfy hydration requirements.
The Multi-Hour Bottle - This is by far the most convenient method of fueling because it allows you to be self-sufficient for many hours, requiring only additional plain water along the way. The only limitation is how many scoops you can fit into a bottle. Determine your proper hourly intake of scoops by experimenting with the numbers from the dosage chart. Lets say youve determined through testing that two scoops of Perpetuem per hour is your ideal caloric intake. For a 4-hour workout, youll need eight scoops in a bottle, filled with water and shaken. You may need to add a few scoops at a time to get it all to mix well. You then nurse this bottle, taking small sips every 15-20 minutes. At this concentration, the water in the mixed bottle does not contribute much at all to your hourly fluid intake needs. To meet your fluid requirements, carry a second and possibly even a third bottle of plain water, use a hydration system, or know where you can refill along your route. Drink according to the temperature/humidity and your exertion level so that you consume in the range of 16-28 ounces (approx 475-830 ml) of plain water per hour. This way, as long as you can obtain water along the way, youre set for hours of hard training.
Gel or Paste - If you want to carry the highest volume of calories in the least amount of space, making a thick mix is your best option. Perpetuem can be made into a super-concentrated, near paste-like consistency and dispensed from a Hammer Gel Flask. Using a blender or bowl and spoon, mix scoops of powder with a small amount of water, gradually adding water as necessary to create the desired consistency. If you're using one of the flavored Perpetuems, remember that the heavier and more concentrated you mix it, the sweeter and stronger the flavor will become. You can also add Hammer Gel or HEED for flavor, if desired. Depending on how many scoops per hour you require, and how concentrated the mix is, each flask of Perpetuem can supply you with 2-4 hours of fuel. As with the multi-hour bottle, you must carry additional bottles of plain water or use a hydration system to meet your fluid requirements.
Special Note on Perpetuem: Perpetuem is a high concentration calorie source (via its complex carbohydrate, soy protein, and healthy fat components); therefore we have noted that many athletes do well with a substantially lower calorie intake when using Perpetuem as their primary-to-sole fuel. With this particular fuel we highly recommend starting with the lowest amount suggested-perhaps even a bit lower and work your way up to a higher amount, if a higher amount proves to be necessary via testing in training.
By design, neither Perpetuem nor Sustained Energy contains artificial preservatives. Preservatives provide absolutely no benefits for athletic performance or general health. We consider them health hazards, in fact, which is why we do not include them in either of these products, or any of the Hammer Nutrition fuels. As a result of this, however, once mixed into solution, the protein component in both Perpetuem and Sustained Energy is affected in the following ways:
• At some point in time it will eventually sour and no longer be acceptable for consumption.
• It tends to separate after several hours and may settle on the bottom of a bottle or hydration pack bladder.